The procedure for registration of COMMERCIAL YACHT consists of two stages:,
PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF COMMERCIAL YACHT IN SIERRA LEONE
Registration of yacht under Sierra Leone Maritime Administration is governed by the Merchant Shipping Act 2003. In accordance with This Act, Provisional registration of yachts under Sierra Leone is valid for six months. During this time the Ship owner or his Representative is expected to submit all required documents for Permanent registration.
The following documents in copies required for Provisional registration of Commercial yacht:
- Application Form for Registration - Duly completed and signed by the applicant
- Certificate of Incorporation and Document in which shows who are the owners – For applications by a company. Copy of Passport – For application by individuals.
- Proof of Title in form of notarized Bill of sale (if Ownership changed) OR notarized Builders Certificate (if New Build)
- Copy of previous statutory certificates (if available)
- Copy of previous Registration Certificate or Yacht Club certificate
- Letter confirmation from Recognized Organization that ship to be registered has arranged performance of survey for the ship
- Application from Minimum Safe Manning Certificate
- Application form for seafarers endorsement
PERMANENT REGISTRATION OF COMMERCIAL YACHT IN SIERRA LEONE
The following Documentation should be submitted within 180 days from the date of first Provisional Registration for the Permanent Registration of yacht under Sierra Leone flag and the issuance of Permanent Certificates. The validity of Permanent Certificates under Sierra Leone is three (3) years counted from the date of 1st Provisional Certificate:
- Original Application for Registration of a Yacht duly signed by owner or applicant who is authorized by the owner. Note* If the application was not applied by the owner, the owner should provide an Authorization Letter to the person who applied on behalf of the owner stating the relationship of the authorized person.
- Original Certificate of Deletion from the previous registry
- Original Proof of Title in form of Original notarized or certified true copy of the Original Notarized Bill of Sale (showing the transfer of ownership) or original notarized Builder’s Certificate (if New Build)
- Original Declaration for Company (DC01) & KYC Form (KYCF01) - to be submitted within 3 months from Initial Date of Registration.
- Copies of all statutory certificates issued by recognized organizations on behalf of SLMARAD (if any)
EXTENSION OF THE PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION
For Extention of Provisioanl COR, MSMC and SSL, the validity date is for 03 months from the last valid date of Certificate. The date of issuance shall state the current date (cannot be backdated or advanced). Request from the Owner should be submitted in form of a written request by email or application for extension.
RENEWAL OF PERMANENT REGISTRATION
The Request for Renewal of Permanent Registration should be provided from the Owner the minimum 15 days before Expiration Date.