The procedure for registration of a private yacht consists of two stages:
PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION OF COMMERCIAL YACHT IN BELIZE
In accordance with The Registration of Merchant Ships Act 1989, as amended by Act No. 5 of 1996, provisional registration of COMMERCIAL yacht in Belize is valid for six months. During this time, the shipowner or his representative is expected to submit all documents necessary for permanent registration to Designated Office of Maritime Administration of Belize in Ukraine.
The following documents required for provisional registration of Commercial yacht:
- Completed application form for registration
- Proof of Ownership in the form of duly legalized or certified by Deputy Registrar Bill of Sale, Auction Document or Builder's Certificate.
- Copy of yacht’s deletion certificate from the previous Registry or permission to transfer or delete or consent to transfer Registry from the current Registry OR Letter of Reliance in free format stating that the original will be submitted during provisional registration.
- Power of Attorney In accordance with the requirements of Registration of Merchant Shipping Act, resident shipping agent/company must be chosen and appointed by.The shipping agents in Belize act as an “assured communication link with owners” in accordance with the requirements of Registration of Merchant Shipping Act as well as the provisions of Act. 10(2) of the U.N. Convention of Conditions for Registration of Ships, 1986 which states that “the Flag State should ensure that there is a representative of the owner of the Ship flying its flag domiciled therein.” The shipping agent in Belize acts on behalf of the ship owner and in that capacity does not provide such services.
- Details of the authorized Recognized Organization or individual Surveyor who will be responsible for surveying the yacht on behalf of our Administration and the issuance of the relevant certificates applicable to this yacht.
- Appointment of an authorized Radio Accounting Authority.
- The settlement of yacht’s AAIC radio accounts; confirmation of non-encumbrance.
- Copies of ISM&ISPS Certificates (where applicable).
- Evidence of Hull, Machinery and Third Party Limited Liability Insurance Cover.
- Completed Application form for the Manning and Personnel Certification
- Payment of the respective registration fees.
PERMANENT REGISTRATION OF COMMERCIAL YACHT
The following is a list of documents which must be submitted for the permanent registration of COMMERCIAL yacht:
- Original or certified true copy of a duly notarized Bill of Sale.
- Original or certified true copy of a duly notarized Power of Attorney executed by owner thereby appointing a Shipping Agent in Belize.
- Original of the Deletion Certificate from previous Registry.
- Copies of all certificates issued by recognized organization or individual surveyor on behalf of IMMARBE and referred to in corresponding Codes applicable to this yacht.
Please note that all documents must be in the English language or, if not in English, accompanied by an English translation thereof.